NICU Helping Hands
Fort Worth, Texas
NICU Helping Hands was created in the summer of 2010 because of the overwhelming need in Fort Worth, Texas for a local organization that could support parents both educationally and emotionally. Since opening our doors, NICU Helping Hands has not only served its local community but has had the privilege of serving families all across the country who are looking for education, support, and a helping hand during one of the most difficult journeys they will ever make.
Services we provide
Recognizing that the journey doesn’t end in the hospital, NICU Helping Hands developed their five key programs; Project NICU, One-on-One Mentoring Program, Family Assistance Program, NICU Mom Connect, and Angel Gown® Program to meet the needs of families throughout their journey.
NICU Helping Hands’ Project NICU is a hospital based program that expands the support services and level of education provided to parents and other family members who are affected by the hospitalization of a newborn in the NICU. Project NICU provides customized family support components which include:
- Parent Support: Addresses emotional needs of all families with babies in the NICU through peer support groups and one-on-one support
- Parent Education: Assists parents in becoming informed participants in their child’s care while in the NICU through education and resource materials
- Sibling Support: Provides brothers and sisters of NICU babies educational opportunities and emotional support through age appropriate activities
- From Hospital to Home: Helps NICU families prepare for their baby’s homecoming by organizing information discussions related to discharge
- Memory Archiving: Assists NICU families in documenting their experience by providing opportunities for photography, scrapbooking, and online archiving
- Bereavement: Supports NICU families who experience the loss of their newborn by providing angel gowns, arranging photography services, and assisting with other necessary arrangements
- Antepartum Support: Supports women who are hospitalized due to a high-risk pregnancy by providing movies, books, magazines and art activities at the bedside
- Transport Support: Supports NICU families who experience the transfer of their newborn to a different hospital
Resources regarding high-risk pregnancy, navigating the NICU, your journey home after the NICU, as well as bereavement can be found on the NICU Helping Hands website.
NICU Helping Hands is an active member in the prematurity community. Information about how to attend upcoming events and fundraisers can be easily found by visiting their website.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, you will find questions that are frequently asked about NICU Helping Hands. If you have a question about NICU Helping Hands, their mission, or want to know more, please feel free to contact Preemie Parent Alliance and we will make sure your question is answered promptly.
What kind of families do you work with?
NICU Helping Hands works with the most fragile of families – those who have experienced an infant in the NICU.
What year were you established?
NICU Helping Hands was founded in 2010.
What is your organization classification?
We are a non-profit organization
What is the geographical reach of your organization?
NICU Helping Hands supports families across the nation
Drop us a line anytime, and we will respond to you as soon as possible.